1. Participant’s Eligibility Requirements
1.1. Every participant who decides to participate in this tournament:
- Must be older than 18 years.
- Need an active Guns of Boom account level 22 or higher which has never been banned and has no history of refund abuse.
- If you play on an Android device, your OS version must be 5.0 or higher.
- All official matches are played on smartphones. Tablets and emulators are not allowed by the rules.
- You need to live in one of the following regions: Europe, North America, Latin America or Southeast Asia. A team must have at least 3 members with residence in one of the following countries in the region. The list of all participating countries:
- Europe: Andorra, Albania, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Belarus, Switzerland, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, Faroe Islands, France, United Kingdom, Georgia, Gibraltar, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Morocco, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Russian Federation, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia, San Marino, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Holy See (Vatican City State)
- North America: Aruba, Barbados, Bahamas, Belize, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Honduras, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts And Nevis, Cayman Islands, Saint Lucia, Martinique, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, Turks And Caicos Islands, Trinidad And Tobago, United States, Saint Vincent And Grenadines, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
- Latin America: Argentina, Saint Barthelemy, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, French Guiana, Saint Martin, Peru, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Southeast Asia: Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, India, Cambodia, Lao People"s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
1.2 Player Information
1.2.1. Player Ingame Name
Player Ingame Names are forbidden if they:
- have the same/similar ingame name with the other players, in case of such cases, players will be asked to change to another ingame name
- have any inappropriate word (e.g swear words) or symbols in the name
- are protected by third-party rights and the user has no written permission
- resemble or if they are identical to a brand or trademark, no matter whether it has been registered or not
- resemble or if they are identical to a real person other than themselves
1.2.2. Player Sponsorships
Each player is free to attract its own sponsor and there are no limitations to the number of sponsors.
However, any sponsor or product/services harmful to or detrimental to the youth, harmful to any traditional custom, or ill-suited for broadcast review and reception will not be allowed to be exposed for any player participating in Guns of Boom Esports Leagues events. All final decisions about allowing sponsors or the products / services will be made from the Game Insight.
The following is a list of examples that cannot be exposed as a sponsor product/service.
- Gambling, items that are banned for manufacturing and distribution in South East Asia, such as drugs
- All illegal drugs other than normal medicines
- Adult products websites such as pornography
- Alcohol and Tobacco
2. Tournaments Structure
2.1 Tournament Format
Game. A game is defined by competition between all players in a preselected map and game mode by Game Insight until a winner is decided.
Match. A match is defined by a set of games in which players compete against each other.
All matches will be played as 4 players versus 4 players in the tournament. Game client and account will be running in the store version or in the version that the Game Insight provides.
2.1.1. Tournaments Game Modes
- Team Deathmatch
- King of The Hill
- Control Points
2.1.2. Game Modes Rules
- Team Deathmatch: The first team to reach 500 points or have more points at the end of the map wins the game. Duration - 5 minutes.
- King of The Hill: The first team to reach 1000 points or have more points at the end of the map wins the game. Duration - 5 minutes.
- Capture points: The first team to reach 1200 points or have more points at the end of the map wins the game. Duration - 5 minutes.
2.1.3. Match Format
Match format depends on an online or offline tournament it is. The final decision will be made by the Game Insight or tournament Organizer.
- Match type until finals: Best-of-three or Best-of-Five
- Match type in finals/third place match: Best-of-five, Best-of-Seven or Best-of-Nine
Tournament type: Single elimination or Double elimination
3. Unsportsmanlike Behaviour
For an orderly and pleasant game it is essential that all players have a sportive and fair attitude. Breaches of this rule will be punished with one (1) to six (6) minor penalty points. The most important and most common offenses are listed below.
However, the administration may assign penalties for not explicitly listed types of unsportsmanlike behavior (e.g. harassment).
Each minor penalty point equates to a 1% deduction of prize money.
All forms of cheating in tournament matches are forbidden and will be penalized by the Guns of Boom. Note, we do not accept publicly submitted demo or screenshot evidence in these cases. Should it become known to the referee or admins that any form of cheating was used to the advantage of a player or a team during a tournament match, the admins reserves the right to punish them to the full extent of the rules available. By breaking any rule a player risks being barred or completely excluded from tournaments. This also includes their team.
The use of programs (or "hacks") or other methods to circumvent, modify or in any way manipulate anticheat program is forbidden. Any use of such programs or methods will be punished as cheating. Even testing of such programs or methods in a match not happening within the tournament match will be punished.
Disqualification from the tournament, results voided, forfeiture of prize money, ban between 1 month and lifetime depending on age and level of player and nature/size of tournament and how the player cheated.
5. Match-Fixing/betting fraud
Engaging in any action that improperly influences the outcome of a game or match by any means.
5.1. Match-Fixing Sanctions
Results voided, 1 year ban unless significant mitigating factors or, in the presence of aggravating circumstances, a longer ban, forfeiture of prize money and monetary fine (if discovered before the end of a tournament, disqualification).
All insults occurring in connection with the Season Two will be punished. This primarily applies to insults during a match but also on the Guns of Boom socials (Facebook, Twitter, Vkontakte, Discord, support tickets, etc.). Insults on IRC, IM programs, E-mail or other means of communication will be punished if they can be linked to the Guns of Boom Esports and the evidence is clear. Particularly severe abuse cases with radical statements or the threat of physical violence can result in significantly heavier penalties including the exclusion or to the deletion of the player. Depending on the nature and severity of the insult the penalty will be assigned to the player or to the team in team leagues. In team competitions players may also be barred from playing for one or more matches.
To keep tournaments as efficient as possible, the organizer reserves the right to disqualify team. This will only be done in cases where a team purposefully stalls or attempts to block the tournament from starting.
- Players are not allowed to add, modify or remove game files from their intended state. Any such manipulation will result in immediate disqualification.
- Intentionally changing your character’s angle to look through a texture or object is prohibited.
- The intentional use of any bugs, glitches, or errors in the game is strictly forbidden and will be penalized. Any team found to be using any known exploit will forfeit their game upon the first occurrence of the exploit.
- If the player is found to use another known exploit for a second time and it is determined to have been done on purpose they will be removed from the event and barred from any future events.
- Betting during Guns of Boom Esports Leagues tournaments or events (by a player, team, or on behalf of anyone associated with the players) is off limits. Those partaking will be disqualified from the event in question and will receive a minimum of 1-3 months ban.
We kindly ask you to disable device notifications for the whole duration of your tournament match, so they won’t be unintentionally captured.
In the case that a player(s) disconnects during first 30 seconds of a map, the map will be restarted.
9. Roster Rules
- Maximum 5 players in one team;
- The team can pick any 4 of them for online cups;
- The team can't change their players during a single cup. The 4 of them registered for the 1st match should play until the last one.
- The team can change only 1 player during Summer Challengers series;
- The team can pick any 4 players to the offline event and we will pay for 4 of them only;
- The team can pick 1 sub only in case of travel issues (2 of 5 players can't attend the event);
- Rosters of the teams will be LOCKED as soon as the team earns ranking points. To make any changes to the roster please reach out to admins and community managers via Discord
- Changing two or more players will cause the points to be deemed void.
Offline Event Rules
Pro Series and Gods of Boom
1. General Rules:
- Every player must wear matching respective team jerseys.
- Every player must wear closed shoes, no sandals or flip flops are allowed.
- Every player must wear full length pants on stage, at all times.
- No hats or any headwear is allowed to be worn during tournament matches
- Noise canceling headsets will be provided and are mandatory to use at all times during tournament matches, failure to use the provided headsets can lead to disqualification in that specific match.
- Players are not allowed to move from their desks while still in an active match.
- Players are expected to be ready to play 10 minutes before the official scheduled start time.
2. Removable Media
It is strictly forbidden to connect or use any removable media on the tournament devices without prior examination and approval from the tournament administrators.
3. Game version and server for tournament games
For offline events, Pro Series Europe and Gods of Boom Season 2 Finals, on the devices will be installed special tournament game build version 10.2. Games will happen on the special server.
4. Unauthorized applications
It is strictly forbidden for any unauthorized applications to be installed on the tournament devices without prior approval from the tournament administrators.
5. Mobile phones, tablets, cameras or similar devices
Participants are not allowed to bring any electronic devices, cameras or similar devices into the gaming area unless priorly permitted by the head admin. Such devices have to be handed to tournament officials before starting to setup before the first match. Participants are not allowed to take photos and/or make any recordings on stage and during the opening ceremonies.
6. Warm-up Period
A warm-up period of 20 minutes is normally provided before the match, although this period may not be guaranteed.
6.1. Warm-up period between fights
Both teams have up to 2 minutes for preparations between fights inside the match (best-of-three and best-of-five).
7. Device connections
In order to use the ethernet and power cables for every players' device, several wires will be connected to the tournament devices. It is strictly forbidden to tamper with these wires at any point. Participants caught tampering with wires will face penalties.
8. Winners Ceremony
Participants have to stay in the tournament area for the winners ceremony after the Grand Final.
9. Prize Money
All prize money paid out is subject to country taxation laws, and thus the amount paid out will have the taxes deducted from the total amount.
10. Map Pool and veto process
The map pool consists of the following maps:
- Wild West: Saloon
- Subway: Station
- Paradise Island
- Europe: Square
- Farming Complex
- Military Warehouse
- Europe: Street
- Construction Site
- Old Factory
Before each match, teams will use the following process for picking and banning maps:
HP = Higher seed pick
LP = Lower seed pick
HB = Higher seed ban
LB = Lower seed ban
Decider map = The final map after picks and bans.
Best-of-Three - HB, LB, LB, HB, HP, LP, LB, HB, LB, HB, Decider map
Best-of-Five - HB, LB, LP, HP, HP, LP, LB, HB, LB, HB, Decider map
11. In-game bugs and issues
If at any point in the game (in the lobby, on game startup or during the play) any player would encounter any game related issue (including, but not limited to: game crash, GUI problems, gun problems, invisible opponents etc.), he is required to immediately report the issue to the stage admin.
After doing that, depending on the stage of the game was in and the nature of the bug, the players will be required to do the following:
- If the error happened before the game started, try to restart the app
- If the error happened during the game startup or during first seconds of the game, if it's a crash, attempt to restart the app
- If the error happened during the game startup, or during first seconds of the game, and it's a game breaking bug like invisible opponents, GUI problems or similar that would make the game not possible to play, ask the admin to rehost the game
- If the error happened during the play and the game was in advanced state, attempt to restart the game and reconnect
In any case, players should never leave the game without being clearly told to by an admin. Leaving the game without a prompt can result in a penalty, such as game loss and/or prize money fine.
12. Referee Decisions
All participants must adhere to the decisions and rules of the tournament organizers, admins, and referees. All decisions are final, except in cases where the option to appeal is clearly stated. Conversations, either verbal or written, between organizers, admins or referees, and participants are confidential. Publicly posting or sharing these conversations with outside parties is strictly forbidden, unless permission is obtained.