28.1 —February 2, 2022
CARNIVAL MAYHEM EVENT
We are setting up for a colorful and rowdy Brazilian carnival! Lively dances, exquisite costumes, and exciting challenges await you.
The most romantic holiday of the year is just around the corner! This time, we have prepared offers for you with the cutest cosmetics so that you can look irresistible on this special day. Do not miss them!
ASSAULT RIFLE CHANGES
In this version, we introduce the long-planned changes to assault rifles which we’ve recently tested on PTS. Here they are:
- Movement speed with all Assault Rifles has been slightly increased both in aimed and non-aimed mode. The 5 fastest-firing assault rifles received an additional increase in movement speed - these are the Wasp, Survivor, Brawler, the Dragonfire, and Scattershot.
- Assault Rifles now deal the same amount of damage at any range. The arsenal no longer displays assault rifle perks that changed damage depending on the distance.
Developer comment: For many assault rifles, competition with other weapon types was tough. At medium range, which they are designed for, some ARs began to lose effectiveness, while others were no better than a pistol at close range. The difference between assault rifles and machine guns will be not only in a shorter combat distance but also in higher mobility and convenience - for example, ARs reload noticeably faster than machine guns.
Balance changes based on PTS results
Wasp: Increased bullet spreading
Developer comment: On PTS, many players noticed that Wasp became too effective. Therefore, we slightly nerfed the version that was used during the test. However, you will still feel the changes. We will continue to monitor this gun and make additional changes as needed.
- Improved aiming animations, polished visuals for turning and moving with most Machine Guns.
- Fixed firing animations in aimed mode for some Assault Rifles – the weapons no longer dive down from recoil like they used to. The change affected the following guns: Scattershot, Destroyer, Cyclops, Odin, Warmonger, and Dragonfire
- Improved aiming animations for Guillotine, Mamba, Vampire, Firefly, Lifestealer
INCREASED CHARACTER MOBILITY
The overall speed of movement from side to side, backwards and when shooting from the hip has become higher. The running speed remained the same (but due to changes in assault rifles, the speed of running with them will be higher than before)
Developer comment: One of the most important characteristics in the game is the speed of movement. In fact, the speed of movement from side to side, backwards, and when shooting from the hip is the same character movement stat. By raising it, we are also raising the pace of combat.
INCREASED FIRE ACCURACY FOR ALL WEAPONS
Now, the bullets tend to hit the center of the sight, and their dispersion depends more on the recoil of the gun than on its accuracy.
Developer comment: This is true for weapons that have a significant spread, in particular when firing from the hip. Previously, the distribution of fire was uniform, and the chance of a shot hitting the edge of the aiming circle was equal to the chances of hitting the center. Now the shot will fly to the center of the sight more often.
We've unified the look of all the buttons in the game to maintain the integrity and consistency of the Guns of Boom interface.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Now you can preview any masks or costumes in the Battle Career window
- Fixed an issue that caused the aim button to stop working after changing a loadout in some situations
- Some grades of the Cyborg costume showed the cybernetic arm painted in the base color of the costume in first-person mode. Now each grade has its own color corresponding to the third person view
- The loadout change menu no longer gets clipped on iPhone X and XS devices
- Fixed an issue that caused ProPlay esports loadouts to look uncompleted
- Players will no longer fall through textures on the US: Bogville map
- Fixed an issue with incorrect rotation of the character model in the profile window
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to cancel Facebook authorization in the Account menu